Issues between Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2010

It looks like there are some issues between Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2010 that don’t allow internal users to send to each other. From what I’ve read it’s only internal users and Exchange 2003 that is having this problem. A few people said http://support.microsoft.com/kb/820379 fix their issue but it didn’t work for me.

I went to the same registry path that the article specifies and increased the NonMAPINamedPropsQuote data to a higher number. I changed it from 8192 to 16000 and it is working now. I picked that number at random and I’m not sure of all the possible ramifications from this but it looks like a safe change. You also need to dismount and remount the store for this to take effect.

Why I'm blogging.

I wanted to give back to the generous community of technical bloggers, forum users, and webmasters who post amazing and accurate answers to system administration problems and questions.
I wouldn't be half as efficient at my job if it weren't for all these largely anonymous benefactors (and the almighty Google, of course.)
I plan to post decently organized instructions and recipes as I come across them in my work as a network engineer.
Sometimes I piece together the answer I need from several KB articles, forum posts, and websites. I've always thought it would be nice to organize the solutions so that all the information is in one place.
I'm hoping that someone will come across just the answer they need in BitWrench here and have the same great flood of relief fill their heart as it does mine when I find a solution.